Can Physio Help Herniated Discs?
The short answer is yes, a physio can help, treat, and relieve herniated discs. And we see clients come to our Dublin clinic with your MRI report showing a herniation or herniated discs all the time and treat it.
However, an MRI is not the whole picture. As a physiotherapist, I look at the whole person that comes into my practice. I do not wrong about MRI reports. I will explain what all the big scary words on the report mean, and move on, move forward.
At Dublin Physio & Chiropractic, we treat herniated discs all the time. This blog post will answer all the common questions I get in practice about herniated discs and how physiotherapy can help herniations.
We Treat Herniated Discs
You’re not alone in your herniated disc pain. Herniated discs are a common cause of back and neck pain, but there is hope for relief!
The good news is that you don’t have to live with the pain from a herniated disc. There are many treatments available to help relieve your symptoms and get you back on track. We can help guide you through this process so that you can experience long-term relief from your condition.
If you or someone close to you has been diagnosed with a herniated disc, it’s important to know what options exist for treatment before making any decisions about surgery or medication. Our team will work closely with our clients every step of the way as they recover from their injury and return home feeling better than ever before!
Call us today at (01) 254 4800 so we can start helping ease your pain!
What Is Herniated Disc?
Over time, these discs can weaken. In some cases, the soft, jelly-like center of the disc pushes out of the disc, moves from its origin and optimal position. This is a ‘herniated disc’.
A herniated disc is sometimes referred to as a ruptured disc, slipped disc, or bulging disc (the word “herniate” means to bulge or to stick out.) These discs become problematic when their center pushes against a nerve or the spinal cord. This can, but always, can cause a ‘pain experience’ in the back pain or neck where herniated discs are most common.
How We Treat Herniated Discs In Dublin, Ireland
At Dublin Physio & Chiropractic we use a wide range of therapies to improve the quality of life for our clients suffering from herniated discs in Dublin. These include:
– Functional training/exercise therapy and education.
– Manual therapy to relieve pain, restore motion and function.
– Activity modification advice based on your individual care program with us at the clinic in Swords.
– Exercise prescription for herniated discs which is different from ‘the normal exercise routine’ you have been told to do at home for herniations.
– Postural corrections and advice to correct the cause of herniation.
We will take a look at your health history and your current lifestyle before we develop an individualized treatment plan. This means that our physiotherapists can provide you with targeted therapy. Your sessions will be designed to meet your herniated discs and herniated disc symptoms.
What Treating Herniated Discs Looks Like
At Dublin Physio & Chiropractic, we will:
– Educate you about how herniation occurs and its effects on the body.
– Provide manual therapy or mobilization treatment for herniations that reduces pain and restore the motion of your back.
– Provide herniated disc exercises that are different from ‘the normal exercise routine’ you have been told to do at home for herniations.
– We can use postural correction or advice to correct the cause of herniation in Dublin, Ireland.
The physiotherapists working with us will make sure that herniated discs and herniated disc symptoms are resolved. We will help you prevent herniation in the long term so that you can live a healthy life without back pain or neck pain.
Other Conservative Therapies For Herniated Discs
At Dublin Physio & Chiropractic we also offer uniques therapies for herniated discs. They include:
Physio Goals When Treating Herniated Discs
The physiotherapists working with us will make sure herniated discs and herniated disc symptoms are resolved. We want to help you prevent herniation in the long term so that you can live a healthy life without back pain or neck pain.
- Reduce pain and discomfort.
- Improve mobility.
- Improve muscular strength and resilience.
- Facilitate return to hobbies and normal activities.
Call Us Today For A Consultation at Dublin Physio & Chiropractic.
If herniated discs and herniated disc symptoms are affecting your quality of life, we invite you to call us today at (01) 254 4800 so that we can start helping ease your pain.